As Dermapen Skin Needling utilises non-thermolytic (without heat) technology and does not destroy the skin’s integrity, it can be performed on almost every skin type, condition and colour. To achieve the best results, skins of all complexion must be prepared with Vitamins A, B and C, and repair serum in conjunction with sunscreen use daily for 2 weeks prior to a Dermapen treatment. Note: This treatment cannot be performed on skin that has recently been sunburnt, damaged or experiencing aggressive cystic acne.
- For 48 hours before treatment, do not use Retin-A (or retinoids or similar vitamin A compounds) or other harsh/exfoliating scrubs, AHA/BHA products and bleaching creams.
- For at least 1 week before treatment, avoid any waxing, IPL, Peels and/or Fractional Laser treatments.
- For 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the treatment, avoid tanning and sun exposure to avoid adverse reaction as well as increase in pigmentation.
- For 2 weeks before treatment, avoid using tanning creams.
- Prep your skin with the recommended home care to achieve optimal results.
- In case of active or extreme breakouts please call us to reschedule, as Dermapen cannot be performed over active acne lesions.
- For a history of cold sores/fever blisters, please ask your doctor about an antiviral prescriptive medicine to prevent an outbreak after your treatment.
- For at least 2 week prior to treatment and 2 week after the treatment, avoid injectable-like dermal fillers and botox.
- After the treatment your skin will appear red, tight and warm like a sunburn sensation. These symptoms should resolve within 24 – 48 hours.
- Use a recommended serums to provide rapid calm and comfort while relieving any tightness or flaking.
- After 5 days, resume all your recommended skin corrective skincare routine.
- For 7 days post-treatment, avoid any scrubs and products containing Vitamin A, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA), benzoyl peroxide, or alcohol.
- For a minimum of 48 hours post-treatment, avoid excessive or high-cardio workouts and any activities that may cause heat or sweat, including steam, spas and saunas.
- Protect your skin with daily application of sunscreen.
- Avoid smoking as it inhibits collagen and elastin production which contributes to ageing.
- Do NOT undergo any skin peel, Radio Frequency or laser procedures for 2 weeks post-treatment.
- Use your prescribed homecare products together with a healthy diet which will enhance the results of the treatment.
- Avoid shaving for at least 48 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated water 48 hours after your treatment.
- Use mineral make-up to easily conceal any redness or petechiae (blood blisters) during recovery which subside within 3 days.