Our skin is the largest organ of our body and is the first one to show the signs of ageing.
Ageing occurs when the facial skin wrinkles and sags, and the muscles become overly contracted due to years of facial expressions and constant gravity, causing the overall lift of our face to decline.?As time passes and we become older, the effects of ageing become more and more visible, especially if we don’t look after our skin.
There are 2 types of Ageing:
Intrinsic:?This is the natural ageing process which is always in play. Intrinsic ageing is affected by?genetics, certain illnesses, and hormonal changes (especially during menopause).
Extrinsic:?This occurs through external sources such as environmental and lifestyle factors – pollution, sun (UV) exposure, smoking/nicotine, high alcohol consumption, drugs, poor diet and nutrition, poor hydration, lack of adequate sleep, rapid/frequent weight loss, stress and certain medications. These all lead to ?oxidative stress? where free radicals attack the skin’s cellular structure causing deterioration and breakdown.?Unlike intrinsic ageing, these factors are largely within our control.
In our 30?s, wrinkles and age spots may begin to appear, and the skin may seem less radiant and show signs of discolouration.
In our 40?s, the collagen and elastin support network begins to break down. Lines and wrinkles become more prominent as the skin becomes drier. The blood and lymphatic flow begins to slow down, leaving the skin looking dull, puffy and lifeless.
In our 50?s, new skin cell production begins to decrease dramatically. The skin retains less water, which increases wrinkle formation. At the same time the underlying fat cells in the face shrink. At age 60, skin cell production will have deteriorated by almost half.
Visible signs of Ageing include:
- Thin crepe-like skin
- Loss of Facial Volume / Saggy Skin
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Loss of Facial Muscle tone
- Age / Sun Spots
- Sun Damage
- Uneven Skin Texture
- Pigmentation / Uneven Skin Tone
- Facial Oedema
- Dull, Dry and Dehydrated Skin
- Broken blood vessels / Vascular Redness
We would all love to have beautiful and healthy skin, which makes us look years younger than our age! Renajo Skin Clinic makes this possible for you with our holistic approach which includes having our advanced in-clinic anti-ageing treatments, maintaining the results with regular use of pure and active home skincare, together with making healthy lifestyle and nutrition choices. All this greatly helps minimise (and in some cases reverse) the visible signs and effects of ageing.
Scroll down for suitable treatment options.
Renajo Skin Clinic follows a unique Three Step?holistic approach:
- Step 1?? We invest significant time in your initial skin consultation to listen and fully understand your skin concerns, identify the contributing factors, your needs and goals.
- Step 2?? Next is an in-depth?diagnostic assessment?of your skin at the deeper levels which will reveal its true condition and health, and expose any hidden issues before they come to the surface.
- Step 3?? We present you with honest feedback, a range of appropriate treatment options, prescriptive skincare specific to your skin?s needs, and explain the results you can expect. We also guide you on improving and maintaining your results through diet and nutrition.
On their own, all Renajo Skin Clinic treatments deliver effective results. When combined in a complementary multi-treatment program (Super-Charged Combination Therapy), they work at different levels within your skin to deliver you visibly superior, more effective, targeted and longer-lasting results.
All treatments at Renajo Skin Clinic are performed by a fully-qualified and paramedically-trained skin clinician who will customise a treatment plan to suit your skin’s needs. See Testimonials for what others have to say about Renajo Skin Clinic.
To transform your skin, contact us today on (03) 9801 4248.
Scroll down for suitable Anti-Ageing Treatment options at Renajo Skin Clinic